CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Oh Boy, More Homework

I can't believe how quickly summer is flying by. I'm excited to get back into the classroom but my summer to do list is not shrinking so I'm beginning to panic about that. I have visitors from Ireland until the end of July and I having too much fun with them. Anyway, on to the serious stuff,my team usually starts homework after the first couple weeks of school and I'm sure that many of you can relate but I have a hard time getting it back consistently. Since I expect parents to help with homework, I don't consider it the child's responsibility and don't penalize children for not returning their homework. Last night, at 3 a.m., when my 8lb malteese dog decided he needed to sleep on my side of the bed and pushed me out, homework popped into my mind. I want to acknowledge the children who return their homework but wasn't quite sure what to do. Then, ta-da, this morning my daughter handed me a reward card from an ice-cream shop that they punch everytime you buy an ice-cream and when it was full you get a free ice-cream. So that got my creative juices flowing and I came up with a homework achievement punch card. I put 10 punches on it and if they fill the card during the quarter, I will think of some reward for them. (I'm thinking lunch with the teacher since I never do that). Homework Achievement Awards I'm probably going to make a dog themed card as well since my theme is dogs but am not allowed post them because of copyright restrictions. My first main theme is friends (can't figure out who thought that would be a good unit) but am working on some activities for that. If you download, please leave a comment. Have a good Sunday Sharon

4 comments:

  1. I can not believe summer is half over for me. I love spending time with my family, and I am not ready to go back.
    I found you through Manic Monday.

    Learn with ME in Grade Three

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positive reinforcers are such a great thing for behavior and homework in the classroom:) Great idea!

    We are ALL Special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am have a giveaway for my K-2 journals/portfolio printables! My latest resources is Geometry...would love if you would stop by!

    Kelli
    Tales From a Traveling Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how it goes with that to do list. Mine seems to be growing, not shrinking! I'm a new follower!

    Lindsey
    Lovin’ Kindergarten

    I'd love for you to come and check out my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete