CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 1, 2012

St. Patrick's Day

So being from Ireland, you would think that I spend a lot of time doing St. Patrick's Day activities in my classroom but it's exactly the opposite. I don't have a problem with other people doing it but in Ireland St. Patrick's Day is a religious holiday and not a secular holiday. Also (don't kill the messenger) leprechauns are not the cute, cuddly little people that you hear about here but nasty, baby swapping, milk curdling, tricky (I can't think of enough bad adjectives) little people and to be avoided at all costs. One of my biggest pet peeves, however, is about St. Patrick's Day and it's when people shorten his name to St. Patty. Patty is actually the girl form in Ireland and the shorten version of Patrick would be Paddy. Anyway I didn't start this post with either of these thoughts in mind but got sidetracked. One of my favorite blogs is kinder-pond.blogspot.com and Shannon shares all of her activities. She doesn't sell anything or ask for donations or anything. She is one of the reasons that I started my blog. She's asked for people to share some of their St. Patrick's Day activities so I made a CVC word game which I hoping she'll post but I wanted to share it here too. pot of gold If you get time, check out her post on Friday and see what other Irish goodies she has for you. Slainte Sharon

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sharon,
    I'm your newest follower...cute blog. I just posted pics from our Dr. Seuss day - Come check them out when you get a chance. :o)
    Vicky
    Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete